Ring Mods...

Howdy...

Analog Man is currently the US dealer for Black Cat ring modulators, which
are supposedly an improved version of the old Maestro unit.  I believe that
they sell for $299.  Check out the web page.  Paia sells a kit, but I think
it may be of questionable quality.  I once owned a WD Green Ringer unit
that
provided 'RIng Mod effects' but was more of a wacky mean fuzz unit.

Someone also mentioned that the SYB pedal 'freaks out' as it attempts to
track chords.  I get a similar effect out of hooking a Korg MS-03 (pitch/CV
converter, essentially x-911 guts w/o the VCO's) to the filter pedal input
of a GR-300.  Nice chaos.

--
Kevin Simonson                      * AS/400 Application Development Team
U of I Springfield/Computer Science * Norwest Mortgage, Inc.