RE: Vocoder Recordings

At 11:52 PM -0700 9/2/97, Dan Howarth wrote:
>it seems that ALL hiphop songs on the radio these days incorporate a
>vocoder harmony vocal in the background - or at least some heavy samples
>of it.

Yeah, I was going to say, this whole thing was about trying to help some
high school students know what a vocoder is by pointing out examples in
music they are familiar with. That probably wouldn't include Joe Zawinul
and Brian Eno! Or Led Zeppelin. You'd have better luck picking some Dr. Dre
influenced tune off of MTV.

kim