jammidimystery

Has anyone else had problems brothersyncing two jammen via midi?

Yesterday I converted to midi control by connecting a DMC Ground Control
(v2.4) to two jammen. I programed the GC to transmit on ch 1 and loaded
the presets to send the correct midi program change numbers. When I tap
in a loop: 1. sometimes jam #1 starts recording solo and when I tap out
#2 starts recording immediately 2. sometimes they both start recording
together on the first tap (this is how I expected things to work) 3.
sometimes #2 doesn't start recording until the third tap (with #1
layering). There seems to be no predictable pattern and I never know
which sequence I'll be dealing with until I get into it. And
unfortunately, reset works fine and resets both units simultaneously.

Tonight, I unhooked the GC but left the jammen brothersynced, and tried
using the lexicon footswitches to control them. Surprise! The lexicon
switches didn't work properly either.
Tap out required 3-7 taps before recording would stop and the loop would
start playing???
I tried switching the sync cable; in to out on #1, and out to in on #2,
no change. I tried a different midi cable and still no change. When I
went back to no midi cable - unsynced - the lexicon footswitches worked
properly. The GC also works fine with either jamman individually.

So I don't have a clue as to what's going on, or why. Any helpful
suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Phil