Re: VORTEX

At 8:22 AM -0700 10/4/97, Julia & Dave wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.  Lexicon PSUs are
>really pricey.  we're talking about $50, and yes they are available
>only from Lexicon unless you have access to a real good parts
>supplier.

ya, ha ha! Anyone want to start the "wall warts, evil tools of Satan"
thread again?

My Jameco catalog has these for $5.49, P/N 102234, 1-800-831-4242,
http://www.jameco.com. Connector is 2.1mm x 5.5mm female, don't know if
that's right. They also sell all the numerous styles of jacks for about
$.50 each.

Lexicon (and all the other mfg using wallwarts) pay about $2 or less for
these flimsy pieces of hum-radiating garbage, btw. And no, that usually
doesn't translate into lower prices for you the poorly-informed consumer.
Capitalism is so cool!

kim