Re: Breath controller?

> >I use a Yamaha BC-1 breath controller plugged into an Anatek "Wind
> >Machine". This unit converts the output from the breath controller into
> >a midi control message that then can then be fed to any of my midi
> >intelligent rack goodies. Having the ability to route this modulation
> >source to any parameter destination has really increased my weirdness.
> >Try it !!!!
>
> Is this the old "sax synthesizer" controller that Yamaha marketed in the
> late '80s?
>
> Travis

No, the BC-1 is a mouthpiece that translates either your lip pressure
or how hard you blow (not sure which, but I think it is the latter)
into MIDI Breath Controller information.  The Anatek box, I believe,
lets you remap the data coming from the BC-1 into just about any other
type of MIDI realtime controller type: MIDI Volume, MIDI Pitchbend, etc.
It has a switch that lets you select which controller information
you like.

Paolo Valladolid