Re: Digitech RDS 800

I own an RDS8000 as well as a JAMMAN.   The RDS8000 would be best described
as an early entry into digital looping by Digitech.  They made two models,
4 second machine RDS4000 and the 8 second RDS8000.  These units are fun,
reliable and very rugged and are best used for setting "static" looping
conditions such as preset delays for vocals from the microsecond range to
the
millisecond range with one or more "echos" added to the mix.   It has a
very
nice flanging capability, and as mentioned earlier up to 8 seconds of
looping
capability.  I haven't used it in a while but I think you can record an
infinite number of loops over the delay pattern.  Unlike the Jamman, you
cannot set up a tempo dynamically (no tap tempo).  However, the range of
delay from the smallest to longest is controlled by a pot. and a range
selector. The selector gives the range such as 1ms 2ms 1 sec  2sec 4sec and
8sec and the other which allows you to vary that range from the smallest to
the next level, for example 1ms to 2ms range is selectable when the
selector
is on the 1ms range and the pot. is rotated from the left to the right.  I
haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to use the RDS8000 for a poor man's
stereo
by placing it on my stereo mixer using a mono signal (such as my vocals)
and
on one of the channels adding a slight delay to increase spatiality.  All
in
all, a fun toy at a cheap price, I paid $125.00 6 years ago.

HAVE FUN!