Re: FS: Kahler Human Clock $150

>With all the recent talk of syncing old gear up, this might be of
>interest to someone:
>(from Harmony Central)
>
>Kahler Human Clock/Midiman Sync Box $150
>
>Asking Price: US$150
>Condition: Mint
>Age: 6 years
>
>       Sync your midi sequencer to live tracks or generate FSK for
>perfect sync from your computer or stand alone
>       sequencer. The Human Clock even allows your sequencer to follow
>a live drummer. 2 excellent pieces of gear now
>       discontinued but still very cool!
>       midisync@mindspring.com
>
>Seller: Bill Campbell,
>E-mail: midisync@mindspring.com
>Location: ATLANTA, GA
>Post Date: 11/13/97

I'm playing in a Brazilian/Tango/Salsa trio. The keyboardist has a Kahler
clock, and we've been trying to use it to sync sequenced percussion parts
to the drummer's kick. And, well, it doesn't work that great. The kahler
seems to track any increase in tempo pretty well, but doesn't follow when
the drummer slows down. So basically, every time we use it, the tempo just
keeps increasing. Not exactly the intended effect. I've talked to other
kahler users and they've noted the same effect. Perhaps this is why the
kahler failed.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra