EBow with a Guitar Synth?

John Stevens <john@edinburgh.almac.co.uk> intoned:

>I started looping using guitar/Ebow through a Roland RE301 in mid 80s and
>created reasonable Frippian sounds that way.
>Now I use a Pentium 166 running the Microsoft Midisoft Studio 4 for all my
>musical writing/recording.

What has been anyone's experiences with EBow via a guitar synth unit?  Do
the tones get picked up the same way?  I've thought about upgrading the ol'
Strat with one of those GR units at some point, just to utilize some method
of scoring my work...

Hm, at work at the moment... What's playing right now?

KKGO's got Beethoven's 6th on.

Stephen Goodman           * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios
EarthLight Productions     * Get the Loop Of The Week Free!