My Top Ten + Gear

     Well, since its too damn hard to come up with my top ten albums of
all
     time, I'll list the Top Ten Cds of the week.......

     1. Spiritualized "Pure Phase"
     2. Stereolab "Emperor Tomato Ketchup"

     actually I'd recommend getting anything that has Spiritualized or
     Stereolab anywhere on it.  Stereolabs new album "Dots and Loops" is a
     collection of loops the band had done.  They just arranged them in
     workable song orders and added.  Phenomenal.

     3. Jimi Hendrix "Band of Gypsies"
     4. De La Soul "Buhloone Mindstate"
     5. The Roots "Do You Want More"
     6. the Charlatans "Tellin' Stories"
     7. Boo Radleys "Giant Steps"
     8. The Smiths "the Smiths"
     9. Stone Roses "Stone Roses"
     10. Smashing Pumpkins "Box set"

     As far as gear goes:

     I've been looping my guitar through a JMP-1, into an Alesis Microverb
     3 (my Quadraverb 2 is on loan, and has been for way too long), used
     go through my Vortex at this point, but its gone:(, into a Jamman.  I
     also have a MPC2000 that I use for drum tracks and samples. I either
     start the loop off with a drum sequence using Midi Clock to sync to
     the Jamman or vice versa.   I'm just doing this until I can get a
hard
     disk recorder, probably the new Akai DSP12.  Looping is great, but
I'd
     love to be able to expand on the loops.  Too bad the Jamman doesn't
     store them.  If I really dig a loop, I've been sampling it to the
     MPC2000.

     SO, what is everyone else's looping technique, equipment?

     Brian