RE: I'm Volunteering!!!!!!

Loopers,

On September 15, Ray Peck responded to my query of the status of the
Loopers CD project.  I had seen that his Email address was different
(via his posting to DAT Heads Mailing list).  His Email address is now:

"Ray Peck" <rpeck@rpeck.com>

I think it would be great if Matt saw this to completion.  I think it
has been about a year now that Ray has had our tapes and money.

Here is what Ray said on 15 Sep 97:
-----------------------

Bret Moreland writes:
>Ray,
>How was your vacation?  Hope your DAT machines are back in service.

They are, yes.

>Just checking on the status of this CD.  Not trying to be a bother,
but I
>sure would like to get CDs and hear the music.  I had hoped to give
one to
>my brother as a gift at Xmas time.  What is the outlook?

Well, the big bag O tapes and money is still in my office, gnawing on my
conscience.

As you might remember, I was going to do the project by reading the DATs
on the SGI at work, which had the ability to read digital in.  Well,
work all went to hell, and I ended up quitting (the company was bought,
and I didn't like the new owners).

So, now I've been waiting for Event Electronics to finally release their
new Layla digital in card.  It was supposed to be out in July, so I
thought this would be OK.  Now, it being mid-september, I'm getting to
the end of my rope.  They finally released one of their other new cards
a couple weeks ago, so it could be any day now, but it's hard to tell.

I make this committment: the looper's CD will be the first thing I do
with it, and it will get done within a week of getting the card.

I hope that helps. . .