RE: Bungle Good

Jamie said:
>I would like to unanimously agree with Kim's post about Mr Bungle.

Ditto that.

>Fortunately, I saw them in brisbane a year ago, and the show was crowded,
>but
>not a total sellout. (Who would have thought living in Brisbane would
>have
it's >perks...)
>The crowd was a diverse sample to say the least.

I can only imagine.  Even put Berkeley's best to shame, no doubt.  (For
anyone
unfamiliar with its cultural geography, "Berserkeley" prides itself on
exploring all the options.)

>In a strange way Mr Bungle are at the same time the antithesis of music
>and
the >icon of music.

Perceptive statement.  I only heard the first three cuts from Disco
Volante,
but these guys don't waste any time letting you know that you're in for a
ride.
 Not exactly elevator music. If it was, the suspension cable would have to
be a
bungee cord!  (Hey, how about "Elastic" mode on a looping device?
Temporal
disequalizer, cc pedal?  Has this been done?)

>Also, like a lot of loopers around the place, they use a lot of
>interesting
>techniques to get their sound.
>The mix of sound I experienced at the Bungle concert was so clear, that I
could >hear every nuance from every musician. Not a small feat considering
what
they >played and how often they do a musical about-face.

That really is amazing.  These guys have lotz 'o chopz, ignited by intense
energy.  Sort of Ornette Coleman, The Next Generation.

laurie