Re: effect sends and switchers

>I'm also down to one effect send on my mixer and since I refuse to use
>patchbays (I'm patching modular synth equipment non-stop so I really don't
>need further worries.),  I'm curious to know how the guitar loopers out
>there
>cope with this situation.  I'm sure there are a few of you out there with
>more
>than two loopers..

What I do is take the stereo outs from my guitar preamp, and run one into
a Digitech 3.6 sec delay.  It has three outs, mix, dry, and inverted mix.
 The mix is set to 100% wet and sent to one channel of my mixer.  The dry
is sent to another channel.  The other preamp out feeds a DOD 8second
delay pedal, set to 100% wet going to a third channel.

Effects send 1 on my mixer feeds an Echoplex, which returns not to
effects return, but to a fourth channel.  Effects send 2 goes to a
Vortex.  This setup doesn't allow me to send anything to any other
possible destination, but in practice I haven't found the need for that.

However, in the brand new Guitar Player, I saw notice of a 1-in/8-out
splitter called the Studio Ho, which I'll be purchasing ASAP (lists for
$179).  With my current setup, levels can fluctuate depending on whether
or not one of the delays is active, and I'm sure it's a horrible set of
mismatchs, but it works for now.  Once I get the Studio Ho, which is
completely buffered, I'll send the out from the preamp to that, and use
that to feed the delays.  This will also allow me to add more delays and
hopefully a second Vortex.

Travis Hartnett