Re: Kleins (OLC)

>Not _another_ Klein player!!  Where did all these wealthy guitarists come
>from???

Hmmm... in (fellow looper & Kleinholder) Jon's & my case, from the same
family!

As for acquiring the Klein, I sold some other guitars (a Les Paul & an
ES-175) and worked at the Klein booth at summer NAMM to raise the cash. It
took the better part of four years from when I decided I wanted one to
when I
finally got one - a custom-made one, that is; I've had an older one, which
found lying around Washington Music Ctr, for a few years. As for Jon, he's
done some work for KEG himself, and part of his paycheck was in the form
of a
gtr. (Or part of his gtr was in the form of a paycheck; I'm not really sure
how much cash changed hands & in which direction)  In any case, I'd say
enterprising, rather than wealthy, would be the proper epithet. My guitar
may
be cool but my rack is pretty impoverished. (only *one* jamman, sob,
sob...)

I will say that, as with Kim, Marshall, and other Klein owners, my GAS is
pretty much in remission, the American Standard Strat I recently purchased
notwithstanding. (it's a toy) My advice is to figure out a way to come up
with the cash or the credit. It's one fantastic instrument.

Kim, I didn't know yours was *purple*. I'm jealous! Lorenzo talked me out
of
purple and into red, or "pomegranate" to use LG's term.

Off to see Andy Summers again tonight! After my near-slanderous post, I
went
& bought the new CD anyway. I *really* enjoy it. AS must have had an off
night. I guess we'll see.

--Kingsley