RE: Looper CD update / Offer for rare CDs

hi ANET,

>there seems to be a lot of plug and play apps that would allow website
>visitors to put stuff into their shoping cart,  credit card validators
>and even the concept of a 1-900 number which could offer other services
>that would be automatically charged to a customer's phone account.
>Just wondering if there are any expert webmasters out there that have set
up
>the total thing?   Send a reply and tell us where your site is located.

I'm currently working (in my day job) on an e-commerce application
(SQLServer/Livewire) which is almost finished and contains hierarchical
catalogues, shopping cart functions, email order - but not the credit card
stuff (yet) (the customers we have so far don't want/need that).

Anyway, don't you think this goes a little too far at this point? We don't
even have the CD yet, and once we have it, I doubt that we could sell more
than a couple dozen (unless a record company gets interested and puts
marketing dollars into it). Maybe I'm wrong ...

What I had in mind was just an easier way to find out about other looper's
CDROM projects - a simple online catalogue like the Discipline label
website, containing information about, for example, Matthias Grob's CDROM.
This could be done without too much effort, and wouldn't need credit card
validation and lawyers.

>I would be willing to help register a domain name,
>I think it's about $100

It's about $100 *each year*. Correct me if I'm wrong. (I'm in Germany where
prices might be different.)

Michael Peters
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters
HOP - Fractals in Motion ..."the only screen saver you'll ever want"
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm