CD

I have only been able to follow all of this loosely (my boss just doesn't
have her priorities straight like me!!)  so apologies if this is a repeat
but two more cents to consider:

If you are considering doing more than one CD, you could do them on a
regional basis.  Have the loopers in each area organize, choose, each
region gets a side of a double CD or their own or whatever.  That way the
work gets broken out to various people, the product is more effective in
terms of promoting gigs, it might even be a vehicle to meet each other and
perform together.   Might be too involved but its a thought....