Resetting the Vortex?

Hi folks,

I recently picked up a Vortex from fellow on the list (Thanks Len :) ) but
there seems to be a problem that I was wondering if any of you Vortexians
out there could help me out with.

To start, I simplly wanted to try out the presets, but ran into a wall.
It seems some of the presets aren't where they should be (or just
non-existant).  The Register/Preset light is off (denoting preset mode),
now when I turn the R/P knob to 1, I see and hear 16.  There are several
others in the following pattern:

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16  <- knob settings
16 15 6  5  5  6  7  8  8  7  14 13 13 14 15 16  <- settings I get

(moving into register mode yields the same sequence)

So, what's up here?  The effects I do get are correct in that 16 always
yields Fractal, 15=Bleen and so on, but I can't get the effects like 1, 2,
3, 10, etc.

Is there a way to reset the Vortex to its factory settings?
Thanks.

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com