Re: CD recorders

Adam Levin <alevin@ari.net> chimed in with:

>I forgot to mention this yesterday, but the CD-RW drive I'm using is a
>Maxell which cost $299 at Best Buy. It's not a stand alone unit though, it
>plugs into the standard IDE hard disk controller on a PC (no SCSI needed).

Do let us know how you're using it!  At the least I'd want to have one just
to make masters and backups.  After using streaming tape for so long it's
not a problem to have to reinitialize the media, IMHO.  I consider that a
very reasonable trade-off for being able to burn CDs.

Stephen Goodman           * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios
EarthLight Productions     * Get the Loop Of The Week Free!