Re[2]: New to looping/processing

Dave Stagner wrote...

>My first suggestion for acoustic looping is, GET GOOD PICKUPS!!!  Your
>looping tone is going to be no better than its raw tone.

Good advice!

>I have a Fishman Blender system that uses a piezo bridge pickup in
>combination with an internal condenser microphone.  It's very good at
>sounding similar to an acoustic guitar.  Piezo pickups alone are terrible,
>i think.  They're missing "air".

That said... I have the same setup in a Taylor 812c. I've been
"relatively"
happy with the setup, but after having it for a couple of years, I've been
able
to A/B it with many external mics as well as soundhole pickup combos. The
soundhole pickups physically occupy a spot I'd rather have empty. The
pickups
also sound sort of electric and don't pickup enough 'wood'.

I'm beginning to feel that I might do well to place a McIntyre in various
locations inside the body (starting under the treble side of the bridge
plate)
and see if it would be a suitable or better source than the Crown mini
condenser
mic. The mic does add 'air' and I really dislike the piezo alone, even if
it's
eq'ed well. I'd probably check out the new B-Band undersaddle pickup with
McIntyre and see how the combo works.

I've also heard great results from the Trance Audio 'Acoustic Lens'
soundboard
pickups although I've played a couple guitars with those installed which
really
felt pretty dead and weighty. (Maybe not enough high end sparkle). I
played Jeff
Traugott's home guitar with Trance in it though and it kicked my Taylor
right
out of the room!

-Miko