RE: Echoplex syncing

On Tuesday, January 20, 1998 5:49 AM, Kim Flint
[SMTP:kflint@annihilist.com] wrote:

> First of all, with LoopIII v5.0 the default parameters are set for
stereo.
> So start off by resetting the parameters on both units. You do this by
> turning the power on with the Parameter button held down. Keep it held
> until the start up screen finishes and you get to the reset screen. Now
all
> your parameters should be set right for stereo.
>
> Next, decide which unit is the master. This is the one where you will
> execute all the controls. The slave will just follow it.
>
> Connect a Midi cable from the Midi Out of the master unit to the Midi in
of
> the slave. At this point you should be able to execute functions on the
> master and see that the slave follows.
>
> The BrotherSync connection ensures that the stereo units maintain very
> tight synchronization between each other, actually locking the sample
> clocks together. Make sure you have the right sort of cable. It should
>be
> 1/4" tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cable. A mono cable will NOT work. Connect the
> BrotherSync's of the two units together with this cable.
>
> That should be it. The master should control the slave, and you should
have
> stereo loops. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I followed your recommendations to the letter; same results.  On these
units, BeatSync works, BrotherSync does not.  The "sync" dot *never*
lights
(and the timing drifts) when the units are in BrotherSync mode (default
setup).

I have tested the cables.  I thought perhaps it might be a bad connection
internally, but when I had one 5.0 and one 3.x unit (same hardware as
now),
I seem to remember that BrotherSync OCCASIONALLY would show a "sync" dot,
so there must be good connections (?)

Please make some more suggestions!  I am anxious to get this working; it's
been about eight months, now.

Thanks,
-- Matthew Blais  <mblais@ma.ultranet.com>
"Healing and Spiritual Crisis" WWW site:
    http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/blais.html