Re: The new ebows

I use one of the old Ebows, they are not metal, but chrome colored plastic.
Mine has the 'turns itself off' feature...when it gets close to a string,
or
any piece of metal, it turns on...when you pull it away, it turns off. It
works out fine, unless its laying around in your gig bag and it comes in
contact with metal, turns itself on, and when you try to use it, the
battery
is dead. Fortunately, the Ebow folks sold these with the coolest leather
case ever, complete with belt clip and tooled 'EBow' on the side. The case
looks like it cost more than the device itself.Yes, the response is slow,
but like I said, nothing you can't get used to. I kinda like this, although
I must admit that I haven't tried any of the newer ones. And you can't beat
the cool-o chrome color-easier for people to see and say 'what the hell is
that??'
Dave Eichenberger
'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082