Re: Any Hot News? / where was Boomerang?

Kim Flint wrote:

> Well, I didn't see Boomerang at the show. I was all over it, and they're
> not in the directory, so presumably they weren't there. Motley? Where
>were
> you? I didn't see them last year, either.

  The two Texas Rangsters are alive and well; business is booming, no
pun intended. But... we haven't been to NAMM since 1996. We attended
that year and spent a lot of money and energy with very little to show
for it, so the bitter taste is still in our mouth. One acquaintance
mentioned the 3 year plan: year 1 - they notice you, year 2 - they are
reassured that you are still in business, and year 3 - they think maybe
you're on to something and a buy a few units. Maybe this is how it goes.
:^}
  Does anybody in the biz have opinions about the summer NAMM show in
Nashville? Is it not worth going because it's small and poorly attended
or is it better for the small guy, especially accessories, because it's
focused and you can have more of each store owner's time?

Motley at Boomerang Musical Products