Re: RE: RE:Fernandes guy at NAMM

>What I was talking about is that "guitar string waveform" is usually not
>an
>option on yer regular waveform selector knob. Now if I actually possessed
>an
>analog synth, or was possessed by one, it would probably occur to me
>shortly
>after the possibilities for triangles became a bit barren that using a
>"guitar string waveform" in place of the oscillator section might be
>pretty
>damn cool. Lots of nifty harmonics in those strings. And if I did do that,
>it would next occur to me that using a sustaining device on the guitar
>string to take away the remarkably predictable guitar string envelope
>would
>be darned handy, allowing me to replace it with the good ol' ADSR. Add
>some
>LFO's, some filters, and some weird effects, loop it up, and as the kids
>say, it would be wikked.....

I use to fantasize about a piano-type instrument which would use
guitar/bass strings, and which had a an E-bow type device on each string,
the intensity of which could be controlled by aftertouch pressure, or
preset.  All the typical guitar processing could be applied, the output
split in several different ways, etc, etc.

Travis