RE: Who's on the forefront of loopmuse?

I completely forgot about the Chemical ( Dust Bros.). Good point.

Also, I guess there are more dance-loop enthusiasts here than what I had
previously assumed.

Square Pusher was thrown into the fray beacause of the Press and kudos a
lot of young kids seem to bestow upon him locally in Philly.

I live in Downtwn and all the College Stations ie. Drexel's KDU,
Princeton's 103.3 and King Britt and Josh Winks dance/trance shops are big
into what he's layin down. And yes, I too payed like $22 bucks for his
latest disc, ouch!! But I dig it a lot.

So if something is intentionally commercial and meant for mass markets -
does that mean that it inherently can't be leading edge or pioneering and
ultimately flawed ???

Follow that tag and then ask yourself where & when do u make such
"distinctions"  ???? Can distinctions truly ever be made ??? And based on
what criteria & particular consensus of conventional  thought and
criticism would suffice for such a categorization of  ground breaking as
opposed to something that is perceived to be static ??

And true just because someone is selling a lot of "product" doesn't make
them an authority or a lightning rod with their pulse on trigger of what
people want or need. Big Acts sell "product" because someone decided they
would happen and secondly, someone spent a heck of a lot of dough on
making sure they did happen and happen big.

So, does the ground have to really break for something to be considered a
"right on time release" ???

And if your looking for the ground to open up does it necessarily have to
crack open on its surface ?

My humble perception is that there are only our individual and perhaps not
so humble perceptions ( tatstes are a different beast altogether ).

Despite our perceptions music has a place, time and context for infinite
people, places & responses.

Don't we need all of it - good and bad - liked and disliked -  to define
the rest of whats to come ??

BTW,

Mention Fripp's name and gee, theres always a controversy or an extended
dialog thats full of strong and deeply help positions. Its amazing to
observe the effect this man has on people.