Re: Re: Re: Different EBows

>once upon a time, steinberger sound (via gibson corp's mgmt & dough)
>funded
>the building of a prototype guitar (by bob wolstein) w/selectably
>polyphonic,
>in-built string drivers (ie, "e-bows").

Wow, an old dream of mine: To pick up with piezos, filter perfectly
separated strings and drive a magnet. No direct feedback from piezo to
magnet, all under control. The actual sound can still come from a magnetic
pickup.
What a pity steinberger did not make it!
Did they use piezos in that prototype?
I met Mr. Steinberger once, years ago, and was deeply impressed. A real and
serious inventor - able to bring to the market some part of what he creates
- the most important contributions to guitar after Fender and LesPaul.

>insofar as i know (& much to ned steinberger's great chagrin), mr. henry
>j. @
>gibson stopped the project before completion; i believe that after a year
>transpired, ownership rights were supposed to revert to the estimable mr.
>wolstein.
>just a l'il tale, for ya's.....
>best,
>david torn

Somewhat familiar tale. Mr. Wolstein would need a Kim Flint who has all
this ability to convince mr. Henry about what are directions into the
future :-)
Then again, it must be a horrible responsability to guide such a big
enterprise...

Matthias