forefront etc...

Kim,

I for one would be interested if you would share some of the innovations in
looping that are occuring in the dance/techno field. One reason I started
checking out this list was to see what ideas and approaches existed beyond
what I had already encountered or come up with.

I've been looping since about 1983, and one thing I've seen consistently is
the short attention spans manufacturers have for the subject. They dabble
in
long delay times, find it is not yet the market they want, then lose
interest (Lexicon, Ibanez, Digitech, for example).

If Oberhiem starts designing their delay units strictly for the
sampling/dance market, then the rest of the Looper world will once again be
stranded. Of course, that's business.

Reg