Re: Simm sound

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, JT wrote:

> >I, of course, still use punched cards for my looping.  OK, the bandwidth
> >sucks and it's a pain if you drop them, but the vintage authenticity
>makes
> >grown men weep.
>
> I use punched paper tape in a Frippertonics-type of setup.  But there is
> slight problem if you try to overlay more sound on top of it.  Apparently
> there is a finite number of holes you can punch before the paper
> disintegrates.

Surely a drawback, but it's minor when you consider that these modern
digital doo-hickeys just don't have the warmth of the old punchcards.

The punchcards burn much easier.

-Adam

---
       "...if one strives at hearing for the sake of constant virtue,
       out of seeking liberation from cyclic existence, gradually one
                           becomes a Hearer."
                           - Chandrakirti