Re: Sound of Voices /ham radio etc

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, andre wrote:
> i have some old vinyl record by Holger Czukay - anyone remember CAN , the
> seminal experimental german group?? he used a lot of live Ham/shortwave
> radio on his records/live shows.

        Ah, Can is crucial and far from forgotten.  There seems to have
been an audience revival of sorts over the last couple of years.  Can is
certainly one of my favorite musical groups.  No colour.  Their take on
minimalism for a full-out sound is pretty great.  Not a surprise that two
of them were stockhausen-trained (bringing in great experimentalism with
shortwave radio and an outthere musical comprehension).
        The only Holger Czukay record I have is Der Osten Ist Rot, but
that has some nifty ham moments.

                not quite coherent today,
                                          nick