RE: RE: Frippery vs. Bitchery

Brian:
>When it comes pure Fripp looping-with-guitar, I swear by his "Bringing
>Down
>The Light", the last track on the Sylvian/Fripp "First Day" album, and
>the
>build-ups before his solos on Sylvian/Fripp's "Damage" live album. On
>both,
>you can follow which notes he's playing when, to see how he got there -
>which decreased my respect for him not one iota.

Funnily enough, I also point people to the same piece when people ask what
"looping" is;  "BDtL" is long enough to say "There!  You heard that bit
before!" but short enough not to bore them silly.

I also rate the 6-minute "Firepower" outro (again from The First Day),
which is a marvellous demonstration of live buildups using looping - no
editing, just "here it is".  Gorgeous.

Michael

PS Read the www.fripp.com site - she looks scarily like him!  And as for
her books "secrets of the masters" and "get what you want"....