Re: screaming guitar

David Kirkdorffer wrote:
>Yes - one thing I like to do shout into the pickups of my guitar and
>loop the output.  Sounds quite otherworldly once it's made it's way
>through a few effects.  And then reversing the lot becomes quite a trip.
>However, I don't do this live much. Comes off as kinda too much when
>doing these loopy textures and then seeing some bloke scream into his
>guitar.

Robert Hampson of Main has been known for doing this live as well. It can
indeed produce some otherworldly sounds, but it doesn't seem to work very
well with my J. Barden single coil pick ups (and I've tried shouting REALLY
loud into them). So, eh, what I need is a bad guitar mic. that picks up a
lot of hum and buss and other "unwanted" noise...any recomandations? Later,

Erik Ljones (Norway)