Perforrmance composition.

>For instance I'm more interested in taking something that
>generally provides basic tones accessible by hand or foot
>with sounds like a kick, snare, a hi-hat or a tom and looping
>them layer by layer adding melody on top of that & then building
>a piece more and more as ya go along using no preset beats, no
>preset loops,... just going for it as either one person or even
>as part of an ensemble.

Roland Tr808 drum machine (plus 606 for triggering other drum
devices) plus Sequential Circuits Studio 440 midi sequencer,
sampler, and drum programmer do this for me...

Add other equipment (esp. synths/samplers with arpeggiators)
to taste.

Full realtime improvised composition. Yay...

ynohtnA.
--
Anthony Bowyer-Lowe <= The Essence Of Anthony.
http://www.amudarya.demon.co.uk/ (Updated: 01/98)