Re: Pivotal loop moments, or, when did you realize your compulsive need to aquire toys had reached dangerous levels?

Trevor:
>Anybody want to share a few moments that made them realize that they had
>no alternative other than to become a loopster?  Or shining moments?

I put the cart before the horse; I listened to my dad's copy of the Easter
Monday flexi from Guitar Player, back before I'd ever touched a guitar in
earnest.  My dad's a guitar player, sort of Chet Atkins meets Hank Marvin,
and he'd discarded the soundpage into the record pile whereupon I came
across it.  I was imressed, and read the article - it didn't make much
sense, which I attributed to not playing guitar.  Little did I know that
Fripp never makes much sense anyway!  I was blown away by that piece - at
the time I was into Vangelis and Tangerine Dream, and this seemed similar
but more jagged.  And he was doing it on his own, which really intrigued
me.

So when I stated playing guitar myself (a couple of years later - after I'd
left home, oddly enough),  I knew I had to be a looper - initially on a
Frontline 2-sec digital delay, now on the JamMan.  It was, at least in
part, loopmusic that inspired me to take up the guitar in the first place.

Michael