Re: q/a..... alas...more fripp talk

> 2.Why is Fripp and his work seen by many people in
> a difficult at best context? People's expectations can
> ruin anything. IMHO all you get for your ticket purchase
> is a seat in the hall. If you want to be assured of hearing
> familiar tunes, go see the Beach Boys or Wayne Newton,
> they ALWAYS play the same tunes and try to please their
> devoted followers,(what a great crowd..anybody here from
> Cleveland?). When an artist has many facets to their work.
> it's unlikely they'll all be showcased in a solo concert,
> especially when a goodly volume of that work is in a group
> (duo,trio,quartet,quintet,sextet,ensemble), and all are done
> with seperate intent. Solo Fripp is NOT King Crimson, what's
> the mystery folks?

alas... that's not the point. i think all us "complainers" KNOW that Fripp
isn't Crimson, etc...
and i'm sure almost no-one goes to his solo shows and doesn't know -
generally - what to expect..

I just don't see the dichotomy of loving an artist and their work -but
having  a couple of constructive criticisms/witticisms ... :)

that's the problem with us 'rock fans' - it's all football at a certain
point, and the hero worship can overtake us..........

And believe me, Fripp can take the heat - he sure dishes it out - i've read
him in interviews dissing the "innappropiate picking style of Beck and
Hendrix..."

which is all cool - it's his opinion - but why are so many people on this
list so protective and defensive about the guy !?!
...imagine posting that to a beck/hendrix list....

even the little asides when someone brings him up - a la "..yada yada
yada..Robert (oh no! )Fripp"

we're caught in a LOOP with this subject....

it's all hilarious to me. i;m gonna logoff and go loopin'

andre' east