DigiTech Space Station

>Digitech also has a new pedal that does this. Can't remember the name,
>some
>sort of "space music" theme. I think it did other things like ring mod and
>such, looks like a whammy pedal.

Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, it's called the "XP-300 Space Station"  It's
supposed to have a "string pad swell" setting, wammy, reverse playback,
filtering stuff, sample&hold,  etc.  List is arround $240.00, but you
should be able to find it for less.

Does anyone have any experience with this device?  I think I saw John
Scofield use this (or a similar looking wammy type box) recently at a
quartet gig, though I'm not sure.  It was the first time I'd ever heard Sco
use anything like looping in his performance.  It was pretty cool:  very
"Friselian."  He would loop stuff like crazy flanged fret noise and string
scrapings and then play over the top of this.  He also seemed to be using
this same box to transpose the instrument well in excess of two octaves,
which when combined with an envelope filter, made his guitar sound quite a
bit like a violin.

If anyone knows for sure if this is one of the new Digitech boxes or what
it is, let us know.  It was VERY cool!

Doug