Notation for Looping

<< Actually, by strange coincindence I was working on a straight
frippertronics
 piece last week, and by the time I got it tracked right, I had it
memorized.

 This got me wondering about a good way to notate it for future refernce or
 performance. Anybody know of work being done in loop notation?

 Reg

Funny, I've been thinking about this too, as I'm in the process of
composing
some music for electric guitar, one movement of which will be looped. I'm
thinking of some sort of graphical notation. I've played pieces which are
made
up of cells of music, to be played ad lib ( Like "In C" by TERRY RILEY :-)
)
or Leo Brouwer guitar etude #20. One could use the same sort of idea for
loop
notation--graphically define the boundery of the loop, punch in points,
etc.
You would probably have several representations as the loop was built,
sort of
like several sections of repeats in standard notation. Does this make any
sense at all? I have a strong idea about how to do this, but it's nearly
impossible to describe this in e-mail. Feel free to e-mail me privately, if
you like.

Anyone else ever done this?

Drew W.