Re: looping as sin

In a message dated 98-02-10 16:36:37 EST, Paolo wrote:

<< There is a player in the Boston, Massachussetts, USA area by the name
 of John ??? who plays a 31-note/octave guitar.  I think it is a fretless
 with the lines for that 31-note/octave temperament (and I think at least
 one other temperament - perhaps 19-tone) painted on.  I think Jon Durant
 knows who I'm talking about; it was his brother Kingsley (are you there??)
 who sent me a tape of this amazing player.

His name's John Cutler, I believe.  He has a brother who's a fretless
bassist,
playing in the same 31-note/octave scale.  They both played in LaMonte
Young's
Forever Bad Blues Band, who put out a double CD-set of...um...interesting
blues stomps, all in equal temperament.  It's pretty jarring to hear those
I-
IV-Vs in their ideal forms.

Mike

(Just to get away from the whole
this-instrument-is-more-inherentlyexpressive-
than-that-one argument, which we ALL know is bullshit)