Re: Oberheim MIDI controller MC3000d

At 04:03 PM 2/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>What is this thing anyway?  A MIDI keyboard controller or something more
>like the Peavey fader unit for controlling MIDI parameters?

>BTW:
Oberheim showed a prototype tabletop MIDI controller, the MC3000d that has:

2 ins, 2 thrus, 8 outs
128 MIDI channels,
8 Main Zones and 8 Aux zones, 8 sliders and three wheels,
3 system pedals and 5 assignable pedal jacks,
48 tables of program changes,
16 ROM tables,
48 tables of SYS-EX with a learning function and check control
48 after touch curves that can be programmed with point to point resolution
and assignable to single zones
Cross-matrix MIDI patchbay programmable for each patch
Zone transportation, Mute, Solo, Filters, Bulk-dump
240x64 pixel LCD display.

It is the brains of our MC3000 88-note controller without the keys. It will
run your rack of gear and allow pedal/slider/wheel controllers of
parameters. Currently valued at $100. :)

Tom "Croesus" Spaulding