Re: Guitarists, looping, sneak Spice Girls reference!

>you know, it just baffles me how looping gets so associated with guitar.
>(at least in some circles...)

     I think this is because of the fact that you can make a guitar sound
     very different using only a delay, distortion and volume padal. I
     remember in the early 80's during sound checks I used to make "sound
     carpets" with this limited gear and everybody was amazed. Today with
     JamMan, Plex, Vortex, MIDI etc. its possible to really extrapolate
and
     the audience will still be watching a "guitar player" and asking "how
     does he sound like this with just a guitar?".
     If you use a keyboard synth peolple will not notice you are looping
     because "a synth is expected to do funny sounds".

     Miguel