Re: DON'T GO SEE A LIVE BAND -- YOU'LL BE BORED!!!

David Kirkdorffer wrote:

>         I know SO MANY PEOPLE who feel this way.  I think it's part of
> why - at least in Boston - live music venues are shrinking or closing.
> Less people are going out to see bands - I think they feel they're not
> going to see anything new.   They're mostly right.

Throw your cellos away, ladies, classical music is long dead.  And
forget singing!  Why people have been doing that since the dawm of
time.  Sweet Jesu! I hear even Fripp is sick of it. :)

I think that as far as performances go, what keeps a lot of people from
coming out is that they are not (imagine italics) hearing something
new.  This is one of the reasons I fled Philadelphia screaming for New
York.  I watched club after club after club close down, going from
something like seven clubs and an auditorium on South Street, to just an
auditorium.

Meanwhile, the grotesqueness they call Delaware Ave sprouted one
MacDanceclub after another, featuring, guess what, cover bands!

I have a theory about why there seems to be such a disproportionately
large chunk of Philly Loopers: They have to be self-sufficient.

Good God, I think I have broken out into a sweat.

No offence to the Philly crew- I am a Philly boy to the end.  I am
somewhat scarred by the five years of constantly auditioning for bands
and watching the other people scratch their heads, look at me, and say
'Well, that sure is interesting, but it's not really what we are after.
Can you turn off all your pedals and play a few Rolling Stones licks?'

Trev