Looping cellos...

        Can't talk long, but I want to throw this out.  Looping cello can
be absolutely amazing.  There's a fellow from Amherst, MA, Gideon
Freudmann who does amazing solo cello shows involving much loopage (and he
has a terrific sense of humor).  When I first saw him, maybe 7 or 8 years
ago he was using a digitech 20/20 and that carried him on through until a
couple years back when he bought a jamman.  Sadly, I haven't seen him play
much since then.
        He performs many original songs, a few covers (Taj Mahal, the Holy
Modal Rounders, &c), and live he does a number of looping crazies.  He's
put out maybe 4 tapes and I think 5 CDs now.
        I was just looking 'round for his email address.  Can't find it
offhand.  A web search'll probably pull up some good results.  try
"cellobop" and/or "Gideon Freudmann".

                                                -nick