Re: immortals

> At 01:38 PM 2/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >> Fripp (and Sinatra) will be remembered long after Snoop Doggy Dogg,
>Puff
> >
> >Fripp came from the same era that produced disco.
> >
> >Sinatra came from an era that produced a lot of forgettable music as
>well.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Paolo Valladolid
>
> Ditto for Hendrix and James Brown. Or the first Elvis. Who do we have in
>the
> Nineties like that? Not Beck.

No offense, but I really don't care if the Nineties produces someone like
that
or not.

Somebody somewhere on this thread tried to make the point that wholesale
evaluations of musical eras (the 90s, the 80s, the 70s, the 60s, etc. was
great/not great) doesn't work because all of them produced a lot of bad
music
to go with the good.   It is that point I agree with.

Why do I not care?  Because thanks to the Internal and mailorder it is
easier for me than ever before to reach out and get some great music. I
don't have to depend on commercial radio in the hope something good might
come along. :)

Cheers,
Paolo Valladolid