EDP Undo Question

I have a new EDP with 16 Megs RAM- I am just really scratching the surface
here, but I have a question regarding the UNDO function-

I find that the UNDO function seems to work fine in my unit, but I can
never
seem to UNDO the first/original loop that was recorded, no matter how many
or
how few or how long or how short the additional overdubs were.

Is this normal operation? Am I doing something wrong? What sort of
undocumented vagarities of the UNDO function should I be concerned about?

Thanks-

Marshall