Looping?...Wha...??

Say, fellows...I just realized, with this intermittent talk of "WHAT IS
LOOPING?", that I'm hardly ever looping phrases these days (which is my
not-
thinking-much-about-it personal definition of looping, I suppose). Instead,
I'm layering mega-processed guitar and VG-8 with high-feedback, modulated
delays, controlling levels and fx parameters with pedals and by switching
outputs on and off. Certainly there's repeated elements, but it's mostly an
evolving/decaying wall-of-sound textural thing. Of course it matters not
one
jot, but is there any amongst us that would quibble that this IS NOT
LOOPING?
I mostly ask because of looper's delight compilation efforts, but 'tis a
modestly intriguing query on its own, I suggest...?
dpc