Re[2]: Jamman footpedals

Kim Flint wrote...
Is that caused by midi delay in the jamman, or the footpedal? I've used the
PMC-10 for my echoplex a bit, as well as other typical rack switching, and
never had a delay problem. It's possible I didn't notice, since I mostly
use
the dedicated pedal for the plex, but if the PMC-10 caused a delay it must
have been pretty small. And preset switches are very quick. Are you sure
it's not misjudgement of the throw distance to the contact point of the
pedal? That can throw you sometimes if you're not used to the pedal.
kim

        Well, I'm a little hesitant to take a hard poke at the ol' PMC-10
due to
my concern that it might croak on me! That is possibly my main problem
with the
lag situation. I'm waaaay into my dedicated FS5U's though. (ah, finally I
remember the correct number!) I can really mash those babies!

I tried using the tap function for a good while though and it really felt
different to me.

At 12:45 PM 2/23/98 -0800, Mike Biffle wrote:
>I have a PMC-10 midi floor controller, but for real time tapping, it
doesn't cut
>it. There is a slight lag. I've heard others describe tapping slightly
early to
>compensate, but I'm not able to consistently do that.
>
>I use the Roland 5Su's. More stable than the Lexicon stereo foot
>switches, but
>more expensive as well. You need two for each stereo input on the JamMan.
use
>a stereo channel insert cable to attach each pair.
>
>-Miko
>
>>I have a Ground Control footswitch I use on mine and it works fine.
>>Can't say I have taken it out a whole lot.
>>Trevor

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com