Music for Airports

  >Yes!!! Great story on this new rendition of Music for Airports!
  >It was on Feb. 19th's "All Things Considered." Unfortunately here's all
  that I could pull off >www.npr.org:

  My girlfriend and musical co-conspiratorMotoko Shimizu (not necessarily
  in that order) happens to be one of the current vocalists in the Music
  for Airports chorus and is performing at the Alice Tully show.  She
  showed me the score and the main thing that struck me was the dynamics
  markings.  Alot of held notes, pp to f to ppp (italicized).  That's
  definitely "ambient", alright ;).  The other thing is that there's a
  sampler playing through out one of them, which also plays samples of alto
  voices ("with metallic, reverb, etc..") , so it's not totally acoustic.
  I don't know, maybe I can get her to write some comments from a
  performance perspective...

  ed chang