RE: Jamman goes down during live performance.

        From John Ott:
        "I don't use the lexicon footswitch,  (use a midi pedal)  so
I've not
> experienced that weirdness,  but after a memory upgrade, I left a loop
> running and after a while it crashed.  The display went to +18 and the
> music stopped.
> This happened several times immediately after the upgrade, but has
> since
> stopped.  I'm wondering if it will be back ( at the least opportune
> time
> for sure) or was the problem just burn in of the new zips?"

        Dear John,

 You can run a DRAM test as follows:Start with the power off.  Hold down
the "RESET/Bypass" and "Function" buttons and turn the machine on.  You
should get a "d" in the display.  Release the buttons.  Press and
release the "RESET/BYPASS" button.  You should know have a number
between 0 and 15 which corresponds with the position of the Mode
encoder.  Turn the mode encoder to "PUNCH IN LOOP 4."  You should now
have a "6" in the display.  Press and release the "RESET/BYPASS" button
to run the test.  If the test fails you will have a hexidecimal number
between 1 and F flashing in the display which will indicate which DRAM
is failing as follows:1=U20, 2=U21, 3=U20 & U21, 4=U22, 5=U20 & U22,
6=U21 & U22, 7=U20, U21 & U22, 8=U23, 9=U20 & U23, A=U21 & U23, B =U20,
U21 & U23, C=U22 & U23, D=U20, U22 & U23, E=U21, U22 & U23, F= U20, U21,
U22, & U23.

I hope this helps.

        Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is
anything that I can do for you.

        Best regards,

        Greg Hogan
        Lexicon Customer Service