Re: echoplex and static discharge

In a message dated 2/24/98 7:16:35 PM, Bret wrote:

>dt wrote:
>to add to it:
>in my experience, the echoplex will do a complete
>reset whenst the fusspedal
>receives any static dis-charge.....
>------------
>David,
>
>I too had this problem with the EDP, here in Boulder (dry air causing
>high static charges).  The problem was frequent, I was most
>frustrated.  Kim suggested I insulate the ground of the footpedal's
>jack from the metal case of the footpedal.  I found that Radio Shack
>had a pack of flexible, plastic grommets in assorted sizes.  One of
>the larger sizes grommets from this pack perfectly fits around the
>threaded barrel of the jack, and inside the hole of the case.  This
>change completely resolved the static-reset problem, and returned me
>to loopful bliss.

For what it's worth, I live in an apartment in Chicago, dry forced-air
heating
with carpet galore, lightening practically shooting out from my hands when
touching things. I have had NO PROBLEMS (knocking on wood) with my new EDP
nor
its footpedal. Cord connecting the footpedal with the EDP is a Spectroflex
guitar cable....

Marshall