Re: ring modulators

>hello,
>
>i was wondering if any of you know where i can obtain a ring modulator.
>(preferably a stomp box version.)  i know that paia have kits, but
>unfortunately i am not mechanically inclined.  hope that some of you can
>help.
>
>thank you,
>
>michael

The DOD Gonkulator is kind of a limited stomp box ring mod, with a preset
500hz modulating signal, and is a nice sounding transistor fuzzbox as well.
I've heard that they're discontinued, but I see them in stores all the time
still, for about $80. I have one and use it a lot, though it doesn't quite
match what the ring mod in my modular can do.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra