Re: any torn concert reviews?

Uh Urgh-

Since no one else has I will belly on up...
Of course Sunday's show was being viewed under a really funky flu which
I still have so...
Highlights include:
He came down the stairs to the stage with an odd shaped oud
(flat,hollow,electric) and played for a couple minutes with this and
finally settled into an oud loop and picked his electric and played that
on top... A really wonderful piece. After he said he was scared shitless
since he had just gotten it and it was his public oud debut...
A couple tracks from Tripping were played...
I knew I was in for fun when I heard Miroslav Tadic speaking Serbo-Croat
in the shop to someone... He came out and played with Torn for an
improvised section. It was amazing to see this guy in the flesh. Not to
say this is a limber guy, but as my girlfriend pointed out he was the
only guy she has ever seen cross his legs and have BOTH feet touch the
floor.  This guy's right hand technique needs to be studied like the
Zapruder film. His thumb alone is a limb in and of itself playing
upstokes independently on the low strings.  During this duet Torn added
in a cassette recording of a muezzin, and did some shaker mic
feedback...

He winged alot of the show it seemed, which I think is what the
audience, including myself, wanted.

Good stuff Maynard.

Wish I felt better tho.

Selam,