Re: Question for all you Klein guitarists (no loop content)

At 10:36 PM -0500 3/3/98, Marzzz wrote:

>"strat-y," as opposed to something like a Gibson SG). Closer comparison
>of the
>two guitars led me to notice that the distance from the pickups to the
>strings
>on the Klein was enormous, on the order of nearly 1/2 inch!! A quick call
>Joe Barden later I raised the bridge pickup to his recommended height of
>approx. 1/16" to 1/4" above the bottom of the strings (when fretted at the
>24th fret). The guitar now sounds quite a bit warmer/louder, but the
>bridge
>pickup is so high that it is nearly completely above the metal "collar!"
>
>Has anyone else noticed something like this? Is anyone else getting a
>thinner
>vs warmer tone (does spruce make a difference?) How high are the rest of
>you
>setting your pickups? Barden mentioned that he adjusted the Kleins at
>NAMM and
>was surprised that Lorenzo was building the guitars with so much space
>for the
>pickups.....

Mine's like that too. I asked Lorenzo about it when I got it, and he
muttered something about better sustain. (as if the guitar needs any more.)
I've been meaning to experiement with raising them to warm the sound up a
bit, but hadn't gotten around to it. I guess I've been sort of enjoying the
thinness a bit since I've always been a humbucker kinda guy and the change
was nice. Based on what you say though, I think I'll do the experimenting
much sooner!

thanks,

kim