chris cho's torn queries

chris,
not too much time on my hands, so i'll be uncharacteristically brief:

>1.  What device creates the lush "synthy" sounds that swell up (seemingly)
>in proportion to the intensity of your guitar playing, and how do you
>trigger it? (I did not see any midi pickups on your guitar).

lexicon pcm 80. that night, i used an octave up/reverb kinda program (among
others); some sections of the patch are sensitive to input levels, & the
"oct.
up"-bit is pretty delayed.

>2.  What do you control with the (peavey, i think) midi faders?

peavey faders were triggering samples on a roland s-760; i used just four
samples, on sunday- the samples were of my own playing/looping.

>3.  What was generating the rhythms that you seemed to have pre-recorded?
>were they samples? sequences?

one rhythm was a triggered sample; the others were built outta noise/notes
(into loops), while you weren't looking (ie: guitar & looper outputs muted,
during construction).

>4.  What was happening when you kept pressing the button on the old
>(Lexicon?) unit?  I could only see the LED numbers changing, but could not
>tell what the sonic result was.

i was changing the pitch/time of the looper while entering notes/noises:
harder to explain a sound like that than it is to *hear* it!
burbling/bubbling/squeaking/squanking effect.....

anyway. thanks for showing up!
best,
dt